Monday, April 12, 2010

Vibrant Eyeshadow Look: Mac Paintpots




Mac's All That Glitters
Eyeshadow
$14

$11 Pan Form


I thought I would update since I have a new little tip for a more vibrant eye look. I was about to do my eye makeup today and wanted to use Mac's All That Glitters. For those of you that aren't familiar with this eyeshadow, it's a Veluxe Pearl finish and according to the Mac website, "Beige with gold pearl". When I look at this eyeshadow it appears to be a peach with pink tones and a hint of gold undertones. It is a really pretty color that goes great with neutrals/browns. Since it fits more into the neutral category, you really need to use a pigmented base/primer before applying. I always run into difficulty when using this color because it can be light and sheer when applied.

I started by using Mac's Soft Ochre Paint Pot and putting this on my entire eyelid up to the brow bone. Soft Ochre matches my skin tone so it blends right in. Next I used Mac's Paint Pot in Indianwood. This is a golden brown color that has a nice sheen to it. I applied this just on the lid of my eye and blended it out so it doesn't have harsh or dark edges. Next put Mac's All That Glitters over top of this. You will notice that the Indianwood Paint Pot has made All That Glitters stand out and look very vibrant. You can also use a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fry, which is similar to Indianwood.

You can just leave the lid and put on eyeliner and mascara at this point if you'd like. However, you can use a crease brush, (Mac/Sigma 226, 217 or 224). to put a darker brown color into the crease. I used Mac's tempting and Espresso to deepen the look.




Just a little tip that can be used with most lighter eyeshadow colors.!



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

LabelSnob said...

I'm so glad you are back! I came across your blog a while back but then your posts stopped but I never gave up! Glad to see you back. We have a lot of the same tastes in color choices so I'm always anxious to read what you're buying and trying!
Take Care!