Friday, July 2, 2010

Item of the Week!


This week's item is something that has been sitting in my collection since I've gotten it! So sad because it's so great and I am now loving it! It's the Mac Warm Eye Shadows Pallet from the Holiday 2009 Collection. I received it as a gift for Christmas, and I even went and picked it out with my mom who bought it for me! I just never really ended up using it because I was using different shadows on a daily basis. So...I stumbled upon these shadows this week and have been creating looks using these colors! I also have added a few more shadows to create a great summery look.

I love these colors because they are very neutral and are great for work, and also great for the summer. Below is a picture of the pallet:


Colors:
Oh My Darling (Frost), Dare Ya! (Veluxe Pearl)
Sorcery (Satin), Gold tease (Frost)
Prankster (Veluxe Pearl), Devilishly Dark (Frost)

I'm not quite sure which color is which since the names are not ones which I'm familar with. However, I have been using the lightest as a highlight, Nylon on the inner corner, top right color on the lid, top middle (gold color in the crease mixed with Woodwinked), top left and bottom left on the inner corner (using my Mac 219). Love this look and I've been wearing it all week. It gives just a very pretty not too subtle neutral look!

I then have been using Mac's Blackline Powerglide Pencil eyeliner on the top lashline, and Mac's Smolder Eye Kohl on the waterline. For mascara, Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara.

If you don't have this pallet you can definitely adapt these colors to create a similar look.
For Mac shadows, good dupes for this look would be:
Nylon: inner corner, All That Glitters: lid, Woodwinked and Amber Lights: crease, Beauty Marked or Sketch: outer v.

Also, the drugstore has many quads that you can pick up to create a similar look. Covergirl and Maybelline have similar shadows. A great dupe for Mac's Nylon is Covergirl's Champaign eye shadow.

What is your favorite Item of the Week?

Next post:

Mac Neutral's Pallet....(which is going up right after this post!)

Bookmark and Share

No comments: