Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mac Necessities!

Today I was in the mall helping my mom and grandma get some clothes. I wasn't going to buy anything and was showing great restrain! Then we passed by Mac and I just had to look. I wanted to get everything...but I was thinking about what I really thought I needed the most.

I ended up with:


Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW20....
I wasn't sure if this was the right shade but I got color matched and the girl thought this would look best. She had said the lighter NW 15 would highlight the under eye circles more than cover them. So I decided to follow her advice and got this concealer. I tried it on using my SS194 concealer brush and I really like it. It's kind of a wipped consistancy that can be blended in easily. I'll do an actual review as I use it more.




Mac Paintpot in Soft Ochre.
I wanted to get an eye primer to make my eyeshadow stay on longer and look brighter. I went with this color because it was just light and wouldn't show through my shadows. She said this one would go best with Nylon since that is my go to color for the lid!

I almost got Bare Study which is a lighter paint pot color and it had a little shimmer, so I decided to go with the more matte Soft Ochre.



Mac Blush in Well Dressed.
I needed to get a matte blush color that is more for an everyday look. The Mineralize blush I had in Gentle is very shimmery which for fall I felt like I wanted a darker color more for everyday. This blush is a light pink with a slight shimmer. I will post swatches later on.



So if you are looking to build a makeup collection, a concealer, eye primer and blush are great staples that you will get a lot of use out of. Also, I think that these will last a long time because you aren't using much concealer or primer each day you do your makeup.



That was my mini haul from Mac. I also ordered online a kit from the Upstarts Collection. They have kits put together of varying face primers, lash primer, mascara, and various other exciting products. They are great because they are a bargain if you were trying to buy the products separately.



I got the Lined & Lashed kit with Nightsky eyeliner (my ultimate favorite that is limited edition and is only sold in this kit right now), Eye Makeup Remover, Zoom Lash Mascara and Prep + Prime Lash. They also have two other kits that you might want to check out.
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT1781&PRODUCT_ID=6454



So that's about it, I will be posting pictures of all of these products later on. Happy shopping!
Makeup is love!

No comments: