Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August Favorites

I decided to do an August Favorites on my blog since I have many products that I love this month. I've been watching some You Tube videos on monthly favorites and I wanted to translate this as a post to my blog. I love watching the favorites videos because I think it gives an excellent glimpse into great products. This will just give you an idea as to which products I think are worth it and are good quality products.

Favorite # 1

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

$25.00



I love, love this powder! I really can't say enough about it as I have been saying alot about this powder! I've been using it for a while...probably about a month and I just think it's an amazing powder. It has great coverage and leaves such a nice finish on the face. It may be a little on the expensive side, but if you are looking for a great quality powder then here it is! My shade is medium, but I would ask the MA to help match your shade at the counter.



Product # 2

SS150

Sigma Powder Brush
$16.00


I've been using this brush since I got my brush roll in July and I'm loving all of the Sigma Brushes. The brush roll is definitely a favorite of the month, which I'll talk about later on. This large powder brush that came in the kit is a brush I've used everyday this month. It works beautifully to apply my Mineralize Skinfinish powder and to blend it out. It also works great for blending in blush. The brush is soooo soft and nice and it's definitely worth it! The brush itself is only $16 from Sigma which is such a good price! This brush can be purchased singly from their website: http://www.sigmamakeup.com/


Product # 3

Sigma 187 Brush




$16.00


I am loving this brush! It is a foundation brush that can be used to apply liquid foundation to give the face an airbrushed look. I've been using it all month to apply my foundation and blend it out. I put a little bit of my foundation on my outer wrist and put a little on the brush then I stipple the foundation on my face. I then take the brush and use circular motions to blend it in.

This brush is so great and so soft! It works perfectly for blending in foundation.


Product # 4

Sigma SS190


When I started out my monthly favorites, I didn't think I'd have this many brushes in my favs! However, I've been loving these brushes this month because of the way they help me to apply makeup to my face.


This brush is amazing!!! I absolutely love it! It's sooo soft (as all my Sigma brushes are). I use it to put powder underneath my eyes to avoid circles. I don't use this brush for foundation, but that can be done as well with this brush. I have an older Mac SE 190 that I use for that.


This brush works so well for putting powder in a smaller area like under the eyes. It really is great! This brush can't be bought separately from Sigma but needs to be purchased in a kit such as the $49 Travel Brush kit, Professional Face or Eyes kit, or the Professional Brushes Complete Kit for $69. You can go to the website using the link above to find more information on all Sigma products.


I personally think the professional brushes complete kit which gives you 12 face and eye brushes is worth it and more economical in the long run if you're going to start your brush collection. Anyway...on to the next favorite!


Favorite # 5


Mac 226 Brush

$24.50


This brush I just got a few weeks ago and I love it! I have the 224 Sigma brush and it works great for blending out colors in the crease, but this one is alot smaller. The Mac 226 works great in placing color precisely in the crease which is nice. It makes applying eye makeup so easy with this brush! Love it!


Favorite # 6

Mac Brush Cleaner $11.00




I've used my brush cleaner just about everyday this month as well to clean my brushes. I think this brush cleaner works great and get the eyeshadow right off the brushes. I will post later on about how exactly I do this to make sure my brushes remain clean and also undamaged! So yes...this brush cleaner I'm finding to be very necessary!



Favorite #7
Mac Politely Pink Lipstick




This lipstick I've used just about everyday in August. It is a pale pink and is really pretty. It can be worn for an everyday look to the office and isn't too bright at all. I like to wear a lipgloss/dazzleglass over it to give it a brighter look. I've been wearing Via Veneto Dazzleglass (as many of you know) over it.


Favorite # 8

Mac Nylon Eyeshadow


This eyeshadow I've been wearing for about 5 years or so. I absolutely love this color! Nylon is a great all over the lid color that can be worn with just about any color in the crease. It really brightens up my eyes and I love wearing it in the inner corner/tear duct area. I think this color is a great color for someone just starting out with Mac and would be great in any one's collection.



Favorite # 9

Mac Satin Toupe Eyeshadow




I <3>! This color is such a pretty brown color that goes great on the outer corner and in the crease. It goes great with Nylon and just creates a great look. I think it's a great starting out color for anyone looking to build their collection. It's got just a subtle shimmer which is soo pretty!


Favorite #10

Sebastion Penetraitt

$13-15

This leave in treatment is one of my favorites as I have been using it for almost a year. It works great to restore protein in the hair. I have very damaged hair from highlights/flat ironing and this treatment is a great leave in that helps to give more moisture to the hair. I use it after my normal shampoo/conditioner routine and then leave this in for 5-10 minutes and then rinse. It is sold at most beauty supply stores or CVS.



So that's about it for my August Favorites! Hope you enjoyed! Please, please comment and subscribe in a reader and follow my blog! Happy Shopping! Makeup is love!

No comments: