Sunday, June 6, 2010

Revlon Photo Ready Foundation



This post is going to be about Revlon Photo Ready Foundation (notice the title!) . I got this foundation a few weeks after purchasing (and loving!) Revlon Color Stay, so I thought I would give Photo Ready a try as well. I had heard a lot of good things about this foundation so I was very excited to try it. I was expecting it to be a lot like Color Stay but found out that it really is a completely different formulation. So here goes my review on this product:

I picked up Revlon Photo Ready at the Drug Store and it was around the same price as Color Stay, about $9.00. Sometimes CVS will have buy one Revlon product and get another for 50% off. But either way, $9.00 is pretty good for a drug store foundation.

Revlon Photo Ready is oil free which is good because oil free foundations really help my skin stay free of break outs. It also has SPF 20 which helps to protect your skin from the UV Rays..especially during the summer time! In addition, it also has a pump that makes application so much easier.

I really like the formulation of this product, which is very easy to blend. It has a good texture which glides on very smoothly when applying. As stated in my last post, the Revlon Color Stay I found more difficult to blend....

To apply, I like to use a combination of my fingers at first and then use my Mac 187. As you might already know if you use or have heard about this foundation, that it does have a shimmer to it. I find the shimmer to be very subtle and you can just pick it up if you are under a bright light. I don't find this to be too much shimmer at all. This foundation has about medium coverage and is not heavy at all. The staying power is not quite as good as Color Stay, but it will last throughout the day. When I wear this foundation, I do not to reapply my powder to stay more matte. With revlon Color Stay, I find that I don't need to reapply powder during the day.

However, I do really like the Photo Finish because I really gives a nice finish on my face and it looks very summery and glowy. On the down side, it doesn't really have many shades to choose from but I did find a good match. If I had to choose I would pick the Revlon Color Stay just because it has better staying power and my color is a closer match to my skin tone. But, if you'd like a nice foundation for the summer this foundation is worth a try!





Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Alina Rodriguez said...

Great Review! I definitely agree with you when you say that the colorsaty is a bit harder to blend out. I found myself in the same situation when I would try and blend it. It's like it would set on your skin so fast as soon as I would put it on...but I do love Photo Ready. It's very lightweight and it blends beautifully :)

Makeup Fashion Love said...

Thanks!~Yea and I do find myself really loving both foundations though!

LabelSnob said...

I too love the Revlon Color Stay. Thanks for doing this review. You offically made up my mind that I need to try the Photo Ready! I have just heard so much about the shimmer I was nervous to try it...

Pretty Little Funker said...

OoO I shall have to try this
Keep in touch love, Kimberley xxxxKimboxKimboxKimbox

makeupthoughts said...

Hi

I'm a new follower...I'm doing a MAC giveaway on my blog at the moment...check it out when you have a chance:)))

Dee makeupthoughts.blogspot.com