Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mac Favorites

I thought that I would update and just talk about my favorite Mac products as of now.

I love so many Mac products, but just wanted to mention a few that would be good if you are just starting out with Mac or if you use drugstore brand makeup but were looking for something a little different. So these products are great and worth the extra money because of how they look once applied.


Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
$25.o0

I just got this powder about a week ago and I love it! This is my first mineralize powder from Mac and it is amazing. It has great coverage but isn't too thick like I've said before. But it just gives this amazing smooth and flawless finish on my face. It makes your makeup look professional! I'm loving it and I really think it's worth spending a little more especially if you've been using drugstore brand makeup. I've always used Covergirl powder and decided to try this powder and I just can't say enough about it! (apparently)...So if you want to try this out, go to Mac and ask the salesperson to help you and they will match your color. I asked for help and they matched me perfectly! I ended up being a Medium in this powder which surprised me because my skin is very fair...but it matches perfectly! Maybe it's the summer tan. ha!




Mac Mineralize Blush
Gentle

These blushes I think are really worth it because the pigment and color is so rich and vibrant. I've been using Mac blushes and mineralize blushes for a few years now and I find them to work really well. They have many different colors to choose from so you can decide which color you like the best. The one I have is Gentle and its a really pretty pink with a shimmer which is great for summer and even fall! Also, if you need help the salesperson can help match the color the goes best with your coloring. I sometimes ask their opinion on the blushes and they always know what works best with my eyes and skin tone. My eyes are green and this blush goes great with my fairish skin!


Mac Lip Products

I love, love Mac lip glasses, sticks, dazzleglasses etc. I think the colors are so bright and pretty. They are all really good quality and last long and you don't need to reapply all the time! I think I bought my first lipglass like 8 years ago or something and have been hooked ever since! Even if you are just starting out with Mac products and want to try a lipglass that's an easy way to get into Mac products. Ease into the obsession and just browse the products! Most Mac lip products are around $13.00-14.00 which is not that expensive!



#1 Favorite: Morning Glory Lustreglass

This was one of my first Mac lipglasses that I purchased and have always loved the shade! It's a really pretty lite shimmery pink color that looks great alone or over a lipstick color. I would definately recommend this color!

Via Veneto Dazzleglass:

I just got this a few weeks ago and am loving it! It's very similar to Morning Glory, but Morning Glory is more pink whereas Via Veneto has more purple undertones. This product stays on sooo well and you hardly have to reapply. I love it over Mac's Politely Pink or Colour Crafted Lipsticks.


Politely Pink Lipstick
I got this lipstick the other day when I Backed 2 Mac (turned in 6 empty Mac containers...so it was free!) This color is a pale pink which is a great everyday look or you can make it look brighter by putting Via Veneto or Morning Glory over it. Or a lipglass of your own! Drugstore or any kind at all!

Colour Crafted
This lipstick is a brighter pink color which looks great to brighten up your face. I like to wear it with either of my dazzleglass or lustreglass. It's a really fun lipstick color because it's very bright and pink!

Amber Russe Lipgele

This product I think is really my true favorite! I bought it about a year and half ago and it was my first lipgele ever. It goes on very smooth and doesn't feel sticky at all. I use it like I'd use chapstick if my lips are chapped and it helps alot. It just is like a lipgloss that is thin and gives a subtle, yet nicer color. It is a really pretty sheer shimmery color as you can see from the picture above. This is a great everyday color that just gives a little pigment to your lips, nothing drastic! I would definately check out this color!

So that is it for my favorite Mac products as of now. I will be posting later on about my thoughts on must have brushes from Sigma.

Wants:
Smaller Crease brush
Dark Skinny Jeans: Express.

Mac Fall 09' Collection!~Haven't been to a Mac counter yet!
Comment below and let me know your favorite Mac products!

























No comments: